Whether you’re a fan of winter sports or summertime activities like hiking, biking, or camping, there are a lot of things to do in the Mammoth area. All this activity can certainly have you on the hunt for a perfect spot to fuel up—or you may simply prefer to sample mouthwatering local cuisine while checking out the amazing views here. Either way, you’ll find plenty of places to enjoy tasty nibbles, dishes, bites, and treats in Mammoth Lakes and nearby areas. The friendly team from Mammoth Bound, your top choice for Mammoth clothing, logo wear, and lifestyle merch, offer these suggestions.
One of the more convenient places to find some great food while in Mammoth Lakes is right on Main Street. For example, Morrison’s Restaurant and Bar gives you the best of both worlds. It’s a full-service restaurant plus a bar. The BBQ offerings alone should satisfy your appetite, although the pizza earns raves, too.
Additional Main Street dining possibilities in Mammoth Lakes include:
• John’s Pizza Works – A western-inspired sports tavern, this place also has terrific pizza and a decent selection of Italian delights.
• The Loco Frijole – If you prefer even more flavor-packed options, try the Mexican dishes and imported beers available here.
• Breakfast Club – Classic breakfast and lunch menu offerings are featured at this Main Street eatery for times when you may need a quick and hearty early-morning or midday bite.
Old Mammoth Road
Old Mammoth Road is home to some fantastic fishing and hiking spots as well as an impressive assortment of really good dining destinations. For instance, The Stove offers a nice sampling of classic home-style dishes. The French toast served here is said to be the best in the area. Even the bread is made fresh daily.
Other Old Mammoth Road spots worthy of mention include:
• Noodle-Ly – As the name implies, this place specializes in noodle dishes, many of which are loaded with spices and other palate-pleasing goodies. The broth is equally worthy of your time.
• The Warming Hut – This Old Mammoth Road spot has a relaxed, casual feel that’s further enhanced by the well-stuffed burgers and equally satisfying brews and ales included on the menu.
• Roberto’s Café – The burritos made here are loaded with a mix of spices and other fun surprises, and the chips are said to be the best in town. The spicy mango margarita is frequently recommended as well.
If part of your visit to Mammoth Lakes will include some time spent at Mammoth Mountain, you won’t have to look too far to find some highly recommended places to eat. Directly within the resort, popular options include:
• Eleven53 Café – Literally “highly” recommended, since it’s right at the top of the summit, this particular spot offers a wide selection of tasty treats. There’s also an outdoor patio.
• 53 Kitchen & Cocktails – Located in The Village, tasty options here include the Buffalo wings, classic cocktails, and well-prepared entrées.
• Campo Mammoth – You’ll absolutely love the wood-fired Neapolitan pizzas served here. The main dishes include an assortment of fresh seasonal ingredients.
Mammoth Mountain isn’t the only resort in the Mammoth Lakes area where you’ll find some exceptionally good food. Located directly in the Tamarack Lodge & Resort, The Lakefront Restaurant offers breathtaking lake views and a wide selection of seasonal dishes.
No matter what time of year you visit Mammoth Lakes, you’re sure to find plenty of great food and fun, relaxing ways to enjoy your stay. During your visit, if you want to pick up some stylish clothing, from logo t-shirts to cool Mammoth headwear, you can rely on the team at Mammoth Bound for exceptional service. Drop by our shop or contact us at [email protected].